Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Glastonbury: The holy place of UK

One of my fondest memories with some of my housemates took place at Glastonbury. I was trying really hard to dig up some photos but I never take any photos, so I rely on my friends' FB efforts.

Have you heard about crop circles?
This picture was taken from www.ufoevidence.org ;)
Contrary to what I USED to think, they do not happen all the time. There are some documented cases, but they usually happen AROUND Glastonbury (more precisely WiltShire) and this place is full of amazing things.


"The Chalice Well is among the best known and most loved holy wells in Britain. Many legends are attributed to its chalybeate waters, which flow ceaselessly at a steady rate and temperature that never varies. Not least among these is that they represent the blood of Christ miraculously springing forth from the ground when Joseph of Arimathea buried or washed the cup used at the Last Supper. For others the waters are acknowledged as the essence of life, the gift from Mother Earth to sustain its living forms and so a continuous spring like Chalice Well is a direct expression of an unbounded life force."


Every house had a charm of some kind. Some wind thing, some teruteru bozu, it doesnt matter which culture the superstition came from. It had a very nice, warm, humid feeling in the air. People were free to dress however they want, but most likely you'll find cloacks, elves' ears worn everyday as an identity, it is a place where people look for ingredients for a magic wand (you know who you are), it's a magical and wonderful place! Imagine it as a place for all pagan/witch/spirit/spiritually inclined.

I love it and I totally recommend a visit, if you ever come to England. After all, it's only 1.5 hours from Stonehenge and most tourists go there anyway. Check out the therapies there! You have everything from Chakra healing to Reiki, Runes, Lympathic Drainage, Flower Essences etc.

I forgot to mention that Glastonbury is famous among music-goers because it hosts one of the biggest music festivals in UK every year called the Glastonbury Music Festival which has sadly been opposed by rain and bad weather for a few years now.... I never get tickets for it because you usually need to register 6 months in advance and I am never that disciplined or willing to part with the ticket fee, 175 GBP.

No comments: