Monday, November 17, 2008

AIESEC: Biggest puzzle in my life til now

"AIESEC, the world's largest student organization, is the international platform for young people to discover and develop their potential so as to have a positive impact on society.In addition to providing over 7,500 leadership positions and delivering over 350 conferences to our membership of over 32,000 students, AIESEC also runs an exchange program that enables over 4,450 students and recent graduates the opportunity to live and work in another country. AIESEC is celebrating in 2008, 60 years of activating leadership in young people."

After copying and pasting what AIESEC says about itself, do you understand it?

No?? This is my version.

1. At university, you do crazy things to market your program to university students to go abroad.
2. You wear business suits into networking events, and raise meetings, sell your programs to private organisations. In the office, you do market research, cold calls, warm calls...

3. You attend crazy conferences where you learn about everything so much in a day, meet lots and lots of people and have crazy parties as a way to unwind after learning so much.
6 nationalities in the above photo.

4. At the end of the day, you could go on work exchanges, find that dream job in your life, become a traveller for the rest of your life.... AIESEC-ers go out and do different things. Some try to save the world while others simply become an investment banker. As for me, my retirement plan is to set up an NGO, or maybe more than one.

What has AIESEC done for me?
Friends friends and friends top my list. My housemates and some of the loveliest people are all somehow related to AIESEC. I wouldn't dare say that I'm who I am today because of AIESEC. Also, I now have no problem presenting/ selling something (together with all the other unmentioned things I do at AIESEC ) ;)

Let me hear about your GOOD/ BAD Aiesec/ Society story!

No comments: