Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The next ambitious trip : Parlo Italiano o hablo Espanol?

How it All Began

It was a fateful morning during my school assembly when the usual rattle rattle bla bla bla ....
The AFS (American Field Service- sounded like National Service) would like to know if there is any student who is interested in school exchange program, please come and see me after the morning assembly.
That woke me up immediately! YES! ME! ME! ME!

It took some application, interview, but trust me, those steps were really easy as compared to convincing my parents to unleash me for Italy, 2 months after the 9/11 event.....


I was enrolled in a small sc
hool in a small town called Benevento (Thank goodness I had W.P. from Penang to be with me). It was overall a fun experience, the locals stare at you because you are Chinese and your foster family doesn't speak any English.
I hate for this to look really cheesy, I think I would have done well advertising for AFS with this photo but these are MS, my foster sister plus Mattia, a friend whom I'm still in touch with until today.


School was so cool in Italy though. You can eat when the teachers are teaching, you can run around classes, not do homework, chew bubble gums and make lots of noise! And there are the days when you don't have to attend school because it's a "School Strike". *smirk*



I know I should upload some photos of pastas, but I found Rome on a day trip so much more mesmerising. This is Piazza di Spagna where lots of international models come parade their bodies at the beauty pageants. CHECK, big names like Gucci and Prada are just a trot away.

No comments: